Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Movies That Need To Happen ASAP

~
So it's officially my birthday because it just became midnight literally a second ago and I am officially twenty-one, which calls for a YAYAYAYAY.


My family and I celebrated my awesomeness on the 8th, and my mom, sister, and I might go see The Peanuts movie tomorrow - technically, today, whaaaaat? - because I've been hella excited for that.

Here are movies that need to happen. Not that I hope for. Seriously: NEED. If a remake of Baywatch can be greenlighted - though it's said to be feat. Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron, well-deserved, I think - I'm sure these can definitely get a little notoriety, too. As always, tell me what you think!
~

THE DELIRIUM TRILOGY BY LAUREN OLIVER


No list would be right without featuring one of Lauren Oliver's many YA masterpieces. Let's be real.

Well, okay, technically, it was first made into a cheap pilot, featuring Emma Roberts, and it was supposedly gonna air on FOX. But it was so ratchet, Hulu decided to adopt it for a month or two, so we could judge for ourselves. I never saw it because I don't have Hulu. Apparently, they meshed all the books into one episode and it was one fat mess. I think I'd prefer a movie.


THE DISENCHANTMENTS BY NINA LACOUR


I plan on rereading this, sometime. My review was somewhat harsh and I really have crazy love for this book. Road trippin'. Girl bands. Lemonade stands. Riot Grrrls. Could you imagine the soundtrack? I only hated Bev. Read the book and you'll know why. This would make a killer movie or CW series, even.

STOLEN BY LUCY CHRISTOPHER


A bit conflicted on this one, too. I don't wanna spoil too much because this is quite the controversial one. But I love so much about Gemma, the MC. Stockholm Syndrome is the main factor of the novel. And after being kidnapped by a stranger, albeit a gorgeous one, Gemma is trapped in the middle of nowhere with him as he attempts to bully her into love. I heard a while back, it received movie rights. Let's see.

SOMETHING BLUE BY EMILY GIFFIN


The companion novel to Something Borrowed. The movie is better than the book, to be honest, but that's another story. Also, Colin Egglesfield is the biggest babe, but that's also another story. But I'd die for a Something Blue movie. Emily Giffin had been tweeting movie scripts and pictures with actors, so I shall heavily await a sequel film till then.

PROOF OF FOREVER BY LEXA HILLYER


Even though I have wild hatred for the book (kinda but not really), I think this would make a much better movie. A time-travelling twist on The Sisterhood of Travelling Pants. Literally, there are so many ways this could be worked.

THE REBEL BELLE TRILOGY BY RACHEL HAWKINS

The series is pure gold, honestly. I love everything about it. Though I still need to snatch Miss Mayhem, I absolutely adored Rebel Belle. How Harper's hummingbird cake will be transferred into film form, how badass Harper will be in general, and how gorgeous Ryan and David will be.
~

10 comments:

  1. First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Today is also my mom's birthday, so you're birthday buddies (though she has 40 years on you ;) )

    Second, I watched the Delirium debacle on Hulu (it was free) and it was BAD. So, so bad. They shoved the entire book into one 42 minute episode. It was hard to watch, honestly. It didn't stay true to the story at all, and the actors were the worst. THE. WORST. Be glad you didn't see it, I am still trying to block it out ;) I agree, movies would be SO much better for that type of series! Great list, and I hope you have a fabulous day!!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! Birthday twins! Tell her happy birthday from me! ;)

      Aw, what a shame the Delirium pilot was a bust. Ironically, my sister now has a subscription to Hulu. I thought it'd been a mashup of all the books? Oops. haha. I saw the actor who did Alex, though, and he was somewhat cute. I remember I was practically stalking Lauren Oliver's tumblr for weeks, waiting on news like a total crazy. Thanks, Shannon! :D

      Delete
  2. I think Rebel Bell would be HILARIOUS as a movie!! And the dialogue and everything would convert so well, I reckon!! I'm kinda torn about Stolen. Like I'd see it for sure, but I didn't think the book represented Australia very well!? hehehh. Anyway. It would be NERVE-WRACKING.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? How epic would that be? I love, love, LOVE Harper and all her witty comebacks! Oh, I had no idea! Stolen is controversial in so many ways, really.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday!! :D I'll be 21 soon as well! The only book I've read here is Stolen and I would absolutely love to see what they could do with that as a movie, since, like you said, it's a little controversial. But I think it would make an incredibly interesting and thought-provoking movie. Adding these other books to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! Happy early birthday! The Rebel Belle trilogy is so cute and one of my favorites, especially since I don't usually like dystopians, so I definitely recommend! The same with The Disenchantments! It's full of music fun and roadtrip realness and great friendships. All are so great! :D

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday (late)!! I would be all about a Delirium movie/show whatever. I have heard about the one they tried to do and failed so I don't count that. And Something Blue needs to happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! YES. A Delirium movie needs to happen ASAP. They tried the pilot and it was an epic fail, apparently. Definitely, definitely Something Blue! That's another major on the list!

      Delete
  5. Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a good one! :)
    So I have to admit something ... I only read the first book in the Rachel Hawkins series! I haven't read the others, but I clearly need to if you want to see movie adaptations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nick! did! :D I only read the first one, too. I still need to get my hands on Miss Mayhem and I heard Lady Renegades ARCs are beginning to exist, so my excitement is starting to build over those, also. lol. A film adaption would be the coolest!

      Delete