Waiting on Wednesday: The Inside Of Out

~
The Inside Of Out - Jenn Marie Thorne
Expected publication: July 12, 2016 by Dial Books
Genres: Contemporary, LGBTQIA, Young Adult
Pages: 400

Meg Cabot meets Glee in this breezy, hilarious, deceptively smart YA about privilege,
pretense, and realizing that every story needs a hero. Sometimes it's just not you.


When her best friend Hannah comes out the day before junior year, Daisy is so ready to let her ally flag fly that even a second, way more blindsiding confession can't derail her smiling determination to fight for gay rights. Before you can spell LGBTQIA, Daisy's leading the charge to end their school’s antiquated ban on same-sex dates at dances—starting with homecoming. And if people assume Daisy herself is gay? Meh, so what. It's all for the cause. What Daisy doesn't expect is for "the cause” to blow up—starting with Adam, the cute college journalist whose interview with Daisy for his university paper goes viral, catching fire in the national media. #Holy #cats. With the story spinning out of control, protesters gathering, Hannah left in the dust of Daisy’s good intentions, and Daisy's mad attraction to Adam feeling like an inconvenient truth, Daisy finds herself caught between her bold plans, her bad decisions, and her big fat mouth.

~
"Meg Cabot meets Glee" = TAKE ME NOW.

I am obsessed. I mean, if you ever mention Meg Cabot in a synopsis, I'm set. But how adorable is the concept? Plus, the cover. They literally look like real-life best friends. Y'all oughta know, I'm a cover gal and I'd definitely gravitate toward this rainbow wonder immediately. I, for real, need this book like free Netflix. Thanks in advance.
~

Comments

  1. I am SO excited for this one! I think it's going to be a GREAT book next year! I hope you read it and love it!

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Me, too! There's literally so much to love! I hope you'll love it, too!

      Delete
  2. BAHAHA "I need this book like I need free Netflix" omg beautiful analogy. I've never read a Meg Cabot book (gasp! Probably because contemporary isn't really my genre) but this sounds absolutely delightful! Not only the cover, but the whole premise with the introduction of LGBTQ+ functions at school and how a girl's life is affected by it all. Also, cute journalist. *heart eyes* That is all.

    - Aila @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly, an iconic quote. heehee. OMG YOU'VE NEVER READ ANYTHING BY MEG CABOT???? AILA, THE PRINCESS DIARIES SERIES IS A MUST. For real, though, I'm in love with everything about this book & it cannot publish any day sooner. lollll.

      Delete

Post a Comment