Blog Tour: Starry Night, Starflight

~
Starflight is a gorgeous, spacey, dystopia-y YA. We have inclusions of romance and mystery and realism. Solara is our heroine. After being booted from her orphanage, she's in desperate need of shelter and work. Luckily, she finds both in Doran, a boy she previously attended in school with, and his girlfriend. But as she has a prior criminal record and felonious knuckle tattoos, they treat her terribly. And after a conversation takes a wrong turn, Solara is forced to snatch Doran and take off in search of her next conquest, which she finds in The Banshee, a ship full of fugitives.

Anyone who knows me, IRL or whatever, knows I'm absolutely obsessed with doing my nails. I own an unimaginable plethora of bottles. Not that I'm any good, but whatever. Imagination is everythang, folks.
My polish of choice is OPI. By far, the shittiest polish - in my opinion, at least - inexistence is Essie. I snagged a bottle from my sister once, and after I had my nails all done did, it started chipping within a day. Definitely a D- brand. But anyway. Since I love Starflight and I love getting my nails did, why not combine both those fabulous things to make a post?

Photos courtesy of The Polishaholic.
~
OPI - CHIC FROM EARS TO TAIL

A color only appropriate for Cassia's long-lost laser blade. I also happen to own this sweet shade. It takes multiple coats to set, though. We can only hope Kane finally gets his own laser blade by Book 2. ;-)
~
OPI - UNFROST MY HEART

I was tempted to use OPI's "Push and Shove" or Deborah Lippmann's "Moon Rendezvous" for Acorn since they're so gorgeous and astrological, but I was overwhelmed by the sparkle. A color truly worthy of Acorn, the captain's beloved sugar glider. Btw, am I the only one legit creeped by sugar gliders?!?!
~
OPI - LIVE AND LET DIE

Is this not stellar or what? I've been infatuated with this cosmo pretty from the moment I found it. Such a dreamy, eccentric color, I obviously had to toss it in.
~
NICOLE BY OPI - FOLLOW
ME ON GLITTER
I mean, obviously. I'd been dying to include a glittery colorbomb extravaganza from the moment I started. Plus, this one is perfect for Solara's ballgown.
~
NICOLE BY OPI - DISCO DOLLS & OPI - 4 IN THE MORNING

These are two of my all-time favorites. I chose them because I think they match the cover to a tee. I wore Disco Dolls on Christmas, actually. The only thing, it's the ultimate B* to remove. 4 In The Morning tends to chip easily (lol the one OPI polish I shall ever demean), but it looks heavenly with topcoat.

So what do you think? Do you love it? Do you hate it? Do you wanna do your own nails the color of the universe? If you do, please let me know because galaxy nails are magical. We also have a snazzy giveaway below, where you have the chance to win this delightful novel, so check that out if you please.
~
ABOUT STARFLIGHT:
Life in the outer realm is a lawless, dirty, hard existence, and Solara Brooks is hungry for it. Just out of the orphanage, she needs a fresh start in a place where nobody cares about the engine grease beneath her fingernails or the felony tattoos across her knuckles. She's so desperate to reach the realm that she's willing to indenture herself to Doran Spaulding, the rich and popular quarterback who made her life miserable all through high school, in exchange for passage aboard the spaceliner Zenith.

When a twist of fate lands them on the Banshee, a vessel of dubious repute, Doran learns he's framed on Earth for conspiracy. As he pursues a set of mysterious coordinates rumored to hold the key to clearing his name, he and Solara must get past their enmity to work together and evade those out for their arrest. Life on the Banshee may be tumultuous, but as Solara and Doran are forced to question everything they once believed about their world - and each other - the ship becomes home, and the eccentric crew family. But what Solara and Doran discover on the mysterious Planet X has the power to not only alter their lives, but the existence of everyone in the universe...


ABOUT MELISSA LANDERS:
Melissa Landers writes romantic sci-fi for teens and the young at heart. ALIENATED and INVADED are now available from Disney Hyperion, and UNITED, the third book in the trilogy, will release in August 2016. The first novel in her new series, STARFLIGHT, launches February 2, 2016.

Tour Schedule:
Week 1:

Week 2:
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Comments

  1. I love the nails! This book sounds so good and I'm happy to hear I can finally read it!! Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! I hope you get the chance to read it soon! It's so lovely.

      Delete
  2. I love all these nail polishes! You should check out a nail galaxy tutorial...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I definitely will! Thanks, Kaitlyn!

      Delete
  3. This book is gorgeous! And I really want to read it because it sounds so good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I'm so excited for your review!

      Delete
  4. OMIGOSH, I LOVED THIS BOOK SO SO MUCH.
    The nail paintings are all gorgeous! Gotta love them galaxy nails. ;) And *gasp* how could you not like sugar gliders?? Acorn was just absolutely darling!

    The romance in this book made my heart swoon SO. MUCH. Also I am Johnny Depp in those pics too LOL.

    - Aila @ One Way Or An Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, RIGHT??? ISN'T IS MAGICAL???

      No, no, no, I loved Acorn! But I Googled actual sugar gliders and they were so creepy-looking. AND YESS. The romance was so swoony and Doran is such a cutie!

      Delete
  5. OMG! I love love love OPI and Nicole by OPI nail polishes! They always have some of the greatest colors and glitters! I literally have about fifty bottles of just OPI and Nicole by OPI. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me too! I'm literally obsessed with anything OPI has ever trademarked. haha.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE this post! I love nail polish (I love OPI but I am poooor so must of them are not, sadly- and you're so right, the difference in quality is huge) and have a huge container full of them. But I only paint my toenails since they're low maintenance hahah. I feel like the upkeep on fingernails has to be extraordinary! Plus, I'd be overanalyzing them constantly hahha. I LOVE the colors you chose for this post too! Pretty sure I NEED Follow Me On and Disco Dolls in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Disco Dolls is SUCH a dream, but the only downside, it's absolute hell to remove. haha. Omg I'm terrible at painting my toenails. My sister always goes all-out with her fingernails. She adds mini studs and glitter and mixes colors! I've been getting lazier with my manicures, though. I used to do my nails each a different color, but now I do only one.

      Delete

Post a Comment